Cookies and Cream Meet Ice Cream in Cookie

Post image for Cookies and Cream Meet Ice Cream in Cookie

You’ve heard of cookies and cream, how about cream in cookies – an ice cream cookie, as in ice cream in the cookie itself.  These cookies are made with chocolate ice cream and have a cinnamon swirl for a little extra kick.

Yep, that’s right, ice cream is the surprise ingredient to this chocolate cookie recipe.  Not only does the chocolate ice cream give the cookie its rich base flavor (of chocolate – natch) but it’s also a big part of the moisture in the cookie as well.  You could use almost any flavor of ice cream in this cookie recipe since the other ingredients are so neutral.  And the cinnamon swirl would pair really nicely with vanilla or dulce de leche ice cream, for example (probably not as well with mint chocolate chip though).

The first batch of these got inhaled by our in house cookie monster aka Craig.  I was shocked that he actually stopped eating them when I told him to.  For the record…that’s probably the only time he’s listened to anything I’ve said in the past 6 months.  I think he really stopped eating the cookies only because he had eaten so much at dinner there wasn’t room in his belly for any more food.  I didn’t search his pockets as he left the room though.

The guys are off the hook today.  I think I’ve done enough damage to their fragile egos for one week.  No, today’s advice is strictly for and about the ladies (and I use that term very loosely here) – of course, the guys can hang out for the sheer entertainment if they’d like.

I have recently noticed that some of you ladies have decided to use your bras like cargo pants and your cleavage like the back pocket of your jeans.  This morning, I learned that one of you thought that wedging a strikingly orange phone between your boobies was a better accessory than a necklace.  Newsflash – it’s not!  If you think that’s the best way to get a guy to notice your breasts, you’ve got a lot of learning to do.  E-mail me and we can set up an appointment for you.

I was at the store, over the weekend, and saw a woman pull money out of her bra to pay for some groceries.  I suppose that was better than pulling it out of her sweaty sock but, she was also carrying a purse.  I wanted to pull her aside to 1 – tell her that she looked like a prostitute piggy bank pulling her money out of her bra and then returning her change to the same place and 2 – I wanted to conduct a strip search on her just to see what else she had hiding in there.  Would I find a melty piece of gum, a wayward penny, a safety pin (in case her hem came loose – who am I kidding, if there was a safety pin in there she’d probably use it to pierce her ears after downing some shots of Jagermeister), a fruit roll up and maybe a couple of crumpled up receipts?

Here’s the deal ladies…the boobs, or the girls, are there for a few different reasons non of which include holding onto objects that could be held by your hands, pockets or purse.  Boobs are a gift.  You can nourish another human being with them, seduce men (because men think that they either talk or dance – that’s why they stare so intently at them), use them as a FREE drink coupon (c’mon, you know what I’m talking about), pay your rent/mortgage, announce to the world that you’re cold – without saying a word and they can up your IQ by at least 10 points  – instantly.

So treat your boobs nicely and pamper them like the princesses that they are.  After all, if you take care of them, they’ll take care of you.

Ana June 19, 2012 at 10:56 am

WOW!!! i love your blog.. recipe + advice.. lol.. i love it..

Pamela June 20, 2012 at 5:53 am

Hi Ana,

Thanks for the kind words, I’m so glad to hear you like the site!

The Duo Dishes September 14, 2010 at 9:00 am

Astonished by this recipe! A friend shared her family’s caramel rolls recipe with us, and it also featured ice cream. Such a crazy thing to think about, but it WORKS!

Lentil Breakdown September 10, 2010 at 5:04 pm

I’ll never forget when I took my five-year-old nephew to a mediterranean restaurant and he started crying when people were putting money in the belly dancer’s skirt. He was crying because he said the money was dirty. Still not sure if he meant dirty before it went in or afterwards, but what a cerebral child!

These cookies look fab-u-lous! Did you make this recipe up? Never seen one like it before.

Pamela September 10, 2010 at 8:05 pm

Of course your 5 year old nephew will one day turn 21 and stuff “dirty” money into some strippers panties….but as a 5 year old he’s pretty astute. ;)

I did make these up. Everyone that’s had them has fallen in love with them and asked for seconds.

jim September 10, 2010 at 3:34 pm

this is awesome man

Elizabeth September 10, 2010 at 11:06 am

Yum! Those cookies sound absolutely delicious. As for boobies…I can only dream of having boobies big enough to handle money. Ha! But I can’t imagine taking money FROM someone’s cleavage. ew.

Pamela September 10, 2010 at 8:08 pm

They must love you at strip clubs. LOL But look at it this way…boobies don’t need to handle money, just get money. ;)

I have to say, these cookies really turned out great. I made them up and the first time around they were really good. Next time I’m going to use vanilla or dulce de leche ice cream. If you end up doing that, please come back and tell me/us how they turned out.

Phyllis September 10, 2010 at 1:32 am

2 ingredients are missing between salt and ice cream: Butter & Sugar. How much?

Pamela September 10, 2010 at 8:18 pm

Curse my ADD – sorry about that. The sugar was in there underneath the flour…1/2 cup powdered sugar. I added the butter in. I used 3/4 cup unsalted butter at room temperature. If you make these cookies, please let me know how they turned out for you.

Phyllis September 12, 2010 at 1:24 am

Got it, except step 1 has powdered sugar tossed with dry ingredients and step 2 has butter and sugar being creamed. I’ll skip tossing powdered sugar with dry ingredients. Regarding the ice cream, should I weigh 14oz or let ice cream melt and measure 14 liquid ounces? Maybe the package is 14 ounces? (A “pint”?) I’m trying to get this right ‘cuz they look really good and I don’t want to waste perfectly good ice cream! Thanks.

Pamela September 12, 2010 at 8:37 am

Hi Phyllis – I deeply apologize for the the confusion in this recipe. Cream the sugar with the butter. As for the ice cream. I just used a 14 ounce (pint) container of ice cream. I melted it and poured it into the mixture (no measuring necessary). They are done baking when they look like the cookies in my photo. The white that’s showing on the cookies is flour left over from rolling them out. The cookies don’t turn white and they are not a hard cookie when done. They get their little bit of crunch from the crystallized sugar and the walnuts.

Phyllis September 12, 2010 at 12:24 pm

Consider this my baking for mid-week! I’ll let ya know!!!

Caitlin (EatFeats) September 9, 2010 at 7:14 pm

HAHA I love this. Boobs are the best…but probably not for storage.

Nancy September 9, 2010 at 7:05 pm

Oh heavens!!!Those cookies look amazing… and your comments about “cleavage”? Priceless!! Even better that I saw some of that going on today AFTER I read your post!! I think everyone around me thought I was a tad loony – I couldn’t stop laughing!!!!!

Kim September 9, 2010 at 12:31 pm

LOL. Are these cookies for real?! I need you to make me some. Likerightnow.

And I agree with you about the ladies using their bras for “storage” purposes. BIG THUMBS DOWN.

[K]

Ken September 9, 2010 at 9:36 am

This is brilliant. Your man’s belly m.ust be happy happy

Belinda @zomppa September 9, 2010 at 5:13 am

These cookie…things…are too tempting. You are so funny. I’m not sure I would want to handle money out of somebody’s boobs….