Holiday Cocktails: Blackberry Sage Martini

blackberry sage martini, holiday cocktails, cocktail recipes, martini recipes, drink recipes

Do you hear that noise?  That high pitch screeching kind of a noise?  Are you wondering what it is?  It’s the thousands of people screaming at the top of their lungs that they can’t get all of their baking, shopping and partying done before December 25th gets here.

That was pretty much me, last week.  I’m off to the outlaws next week, so I actually lost a week out of my December.  I figured it all out though.  Not as much candy making, not as much shopping and a whole lot of cocktailing (What?  It definitely helps.).

One of my little holiday cocktails (if it happens in November or December it’s called holiday ________.) just happened to be a little martini.  Ok, you busted me, I’ve had a couple of new martini recipes lately.  But hey, the holiday season is a long one and I shared them with you didn’t I? There was the peach bourbon martini and peanut butter martini to name a couple of them.

But as far as my martini recipes lately are concerned, this blackberry sage martini is one that won’t have to be relegated to the final three month of the year.  Since I really like cocktail recipes that contain fresh ingredients, be it fruit or herbs, this one hits all the right spots because it has both.  And although sage is most commonly thought of this time of year, it’s actually available year round.  (Hint, this is a great herb to grow in your herb pots both indoors and out.)

Most of my cocktail recipes lately have been a bit on the beigey brown side.  But this one definitely fits in with the holiday cocktails because it’s a super intense purple color.  Not good for cream colored clothes, but strikingly beautiful in the glass.  And because this is the holiday, make sure you don’t skimp on the garnishes.  This little martini looks dressed to the nines when topped with an orange wedge and a fresh blackberry.  (Both of which are plentiful this time of year in the markets.)

We tend to talk about our sex lives to our friends.  Oh, and I’m not just talking about women…men do it too.  Since I heard from so many people that they liked my Venn diagram so much, I thought I’d give you another chart.  I stumbled upon this one at  The Frisky and was howling with laughter.  In it, they lay out what those sexual attractiveness numbers mean in real life.  The only thing that I think I would do differently, is equate each number with a person.  For example, my number 10 person would be George Clooney.  Who would your numbers be?  I won’t tell.

sexy-chart

Janis December 30, 2010 at 3:10 pm

This cocktail sounds wonderful, I am just wondering if when you post these recipies you could also post a “virgin” style receipie with it for us who do not drink. Thanks

Pamela December 30, 2010 at 6:31 pm

Hi Janis – Where I am able to do that…I certainly will – thanks for the suggestion. Friday’s in January will all be non-alcoholic drinks. I start my detox/cleanse and will be posting juices, smoothies and non-alcoholic libations.

Latoya Bridges December 22, 2010 at 1:07 am

Wait, you say you’ve been ‘busted’ about having several martini recipes lately. You say that like it’s a bad thing. It’s not a bad thing. It’s a very, very good thing.

Marisol Perry December 21, 2010 at 6:24 pm

LOL That list is gold! As is the martini-yum! :D

Sharron Clemons December 21, 2010 at 1:55 pm

LOL That list is gold! As is the martini-yum! :D

Lorraine @ Not Quite Nigella December 20, 2010 at 2:35 am

LOL That list is gold! As is the martini-yum! :D

Rich December 19, 2010 at 9:41 pm

Design Wine and Dine December 19, 2010 at 9:04 pm

Another beauty!

Being that I am actually sick of wine (way too much this weekend) this may be my new drink of choice this Holiday season! I mean week! (INSERT SCREAM HERE)

I love the Sage Syrup too – so does my husband. We’re going to try!!!!!

Conor @ Hold the Beef December 19, 2010 at 5:08 pm

Everyone is screaming that same scream (singing from the same screambook?) over here too… somehow I’m not one of them and thus am finding it a little amusing :D

Lovely cocktail. I bet I’d try drinking it wearing a white shirt though. I’m horribly predictable like that. Also predictable in how I’d then end up with cocktail evidence all over me for everyone to see (though hopefully they’d be too busy screaming about their shopping to notice too much).

penny aka jeroxie December 19, 2010 at 4:37 am

Can you hear me scream from here??

nice cocktail… cheers to a merry christmas lovely!

Dorothy at Shockinglydelicious December 18, 2010 at 5:21 pm

Yes, please, I don’t mind if I do have one.
Or two.

Love your sage simple syrup!

Pamela December 18, 2010 at 7:55 pm

I’m pouring….I plan on using that sage simple syrup in some cooking too. It’s really quite subtle, but I think it’s got some pretty cool uses.

rebecca subbiah December 18, 2010 at 2:47 pm

fab martini

sippitysup December 18, 2010 at 10:56 am

Count me in as a Clooney-ite too. Now how can I get him to share a cocktail?? GREG

Pamela December 18, 2010 at 7:56 pm

I’ll let you know when I figure that out. On second thought, I’ll just send you a postcard from Lake Como.

Amelia from Z Tasty Life December 17, 2010 at 8:24 pm

you’re hilarious!!! I would love to have a martini with you over laughs and food talk. This martini sounds lovely.
I don’t go crazy over the holidays. I buy just one gift for each of my loved ones (and…ok…a few for me: mostly cookbooks!) and then I try to take it easy: that’s what holidays should be about. Oh yeah…I cook a lot.
P.s. I agree with you on the Clooney thing.