Chocolate Peanut Butter Cupcakes

chocolate peanut butter cupcakes, chocolate peanut butter, chocolate cake, comfort food

I’m going to be brutally honest with you today (not like I ever really sugar coat anything around here – oh, except for desserts).  I am having a pretty shitty week.  Things could definitely be worse, and I’m not looking for that, but this week is pretty darn shitty.

So, it’s a week of comfort foods.  Monday, I rolled out the avocado fries (comfort upon comfort) and today I’ve got a dessert that will blow your mind!  Three words: chocolate peanut butter.  If there’s a better comfort food out there (in the dessert category) I don’t know what it is.

Chocolate-Peanut-Butter-Cupcake

When my mood is crap calories don’t exist, sugar is one of the four major food groups (along with fat, chocolate and peanut butter), and I want to curl up on my couch with my favorite blanket wrapped around me and dig into something sweet and decadent.  Hallelujah my oven was still working when I whipped up these chocolate peanut butter cupcakes.

Consider yourself warned.  You can’t eat just one, the calorie content of these things is off the charts and if anyone else is around…you’ll probably have to share.  Unless you’ve learned how to growl like a hungry bear and are able to instill bone chilling fear even in the heart of  the biggest linebacker in the NFL.

P.S. I make no apologies for the increased size of your ass or thighs after eating these.  No, you can take that up with your happy taste buds and belly.

A big part of my craptacular week has been the unexpected loss of a close friend.  This woman is the sole reason that Craig and I ever met.  She was young, a mother of 2 young girls and one of the sweetest people I have ever met.

Please do me a favor today….hug those people in your lives that you love, and tell them so.  If you have those that aren’t physically close enough for you to hug, call them and tell them how much they mean to you.

Eftychia March 3, 2011 at 11:15 pm

What a lovely cupcake photo is this!!! Thanks for sharing!

Nifty Thrifty Me! February 21, 2011 at 11:09 am

I am so sorry for your loss. Paltry words I know but heartfelt. Thank you for the reminder. We need to remember the people close to us whether they are with us in person or spirit. Now I want to curl up with something decadent and yummy!

Melanie Schoenhut February 13, 2011 at 11:15 am

Peanut butter and chocolate is all new for me. I guess I need to try it out to judge it if it is really a perfect combination.

Lentil Breakdown February 12, 2011 at 11:03 am

Wow, am really sorry, and I hope the cupcakes helped just a little at least. From the looks of them, they sure couldn’t hurt!

Lisa @ Sweet as Sugar Cookies February 12, 2011 at 9:53 am

Oh boy, a cupcake stuffed with cheesecake and topped with more cream cheese, decadent indeed. These look good to the max. I have a sweet treat linky party going on at my blog and I’d like to invite you to stop by and link your cupcakes up. http://sweet-as-sugar-cookies.blogspot.com/2011/02/sweets-for-saturday-4.html

Andrea @ Fork Fingers Chopsticks February 12, 2011 at 8:51 am

I’m sending good energy your way.

Kathleen February 11, 2011 at 2:58 pm

There are few things worse than the loss of a loved one. I’m so sorry for your loss!

Pamela February 11, 2011 at 12:38 pm

I wanted to thank each and every one of you for your thoughts and prayers. It’s been a pretty rough week, but you’ve thoughtful words have been a big help. I also passed them along to the family and they are deeply touched by your kindness.

Again…I can’t thank you enough for helping me through this week.

I hope that you have been telling your loved one’s how much they mean to you.

I received a phone call from someone who read my post and I bawled like a baby (tears of joy) but it made my day!

melissa @IWasBornToCook February 11, 2011 at 11:31 am

I’m so sorry for your loss.

Laura February 10, 2011 at 10:04 am

I’m so sorry about the loss of your friend. I have been down that road. Be gentle with yourself as your grieve because the world will try and rush you through it. And you are completely right, it is an in-your-face reminder to say ‘I love you’ and not to ration hugs.
Hang in there!

Cakewhiz February 9, 2011 at 8:01 pm

Very nice pictures! Those cupcakes look delicious!
And So sorry to hear about your friend…

Tracy @ Commit To Fit February 9, 2011 at 6:09 pm

All I can say is WOW. These look absolutely fantastic!

The Food Hound February 9, 2011 at 5:49 pm

You should win an award for these photos! I’m so sorry to hear about your friend. Sending positive thoughts your way!

Hilary Cable February 9, 2011 at 1:45 pm

I love these cupcakes! Can’t wait to try them.

Cookin' Canuck February 9, 2011 at 12:13 pm

I’m so sorry to hear about your friend – I’m sending you a hug.

Lana February 9, 2011 at 10:36 am

I hope a virtual hug can comfort at least a little bit. Almost every day I remind myself to show my love to the people around me (even if they are annoying:)
You did a great job with these cupcakes. They look great, and I can only imagine how they taste.

Radhika February 9, 2011 at 10:08 am

So sorry for our loss. My thoughts are with you and your friend’s family, especially the two kids. May God give all of you the strength to deal with this tough loss.

Ken│hungry rabbit February 9, 2011 at 9:39 am

Sorry about your dear friend. Big hugs to you. These cupcakes are quite the beauty and I sincerely hope these brought you the comfort that you needed.

sippitysup February 9, 2011 at 9:32 am

I don’t know what to say. But I think I’ll be calling you today. GREG

Belinda @zomppa February 9, 2011 at 8:39 am

I am so sorry to hear about your friend. =( Good, sound advice.