An Adult Frozen Strawberry Lemonade

frozen lemonade, frozen drink recipes, strawberry lemonade, lemonade recipe

Brandy Alexander, Piña Colada, Margarita, Grasshopper and Daiquiri.  All of these drinks have one thing in common (besides the alcohol contained therein) – they’re some of the most popular frozen drink recipes.

McDonald’s has recently unveiled their newest creation-frozen strawberry lemonade.  Considering that I haven’t had food from McDonald’s in years, I didn’t feel the need to stroll through the golden arches to try their version of frozen strawberry lemonade.  Why would I fork over more than two bucks for something I could easily make at home.  Plus the last time I checked, there is no Mickey D’s with a liquor license.

Vodka lemonade has been my go to summer libation for a few years now.  I think I first learned about this simple drink a few years ago when I participated in a bunch of golf tournaments one summer.  Lemonade is the perfect summer beverage with its tart and sweet flavors playing with your tongue.

Go to any ballpark in the summer and you’ll hear guys hawking frozen lemonade from the first inning to the very last.  It’s an extremely popular treat to help kids and adults alike get through some of those super hot, teeth gritting innings.

If you’ve got an ice cream maker, you can make your own frozen summer delights.  Frozen lemonade is a simple treat that you can easily make at home (and if you’ve got kids…you’ll have some very happy kiddos on your hands – of course the vodka part is for the adults only treats).  Plus, if your area is anything like ours, strawberry lemonade (in various forms) is on almost every menu of casual restaurants.  And it’s a welcome change from the usual lemonade recipe.

Strawberry-Lemonade

Turning strawberry lemonade into one of your favorite frozen drink recipes isn’t really a hard sell.  The ice cream maker does all the heavy lifting.  Just toss everything into the freezer bowl and turn it on for 25 minutes.  You can also use the ice cream maker to freeze your margaritas, daiquiries and just about all your other frozen drink recipes (no ice or blender required).

So here’s to a chill summer!

Speaking of chill…..

So you think you can’t tell anything about a person by how they hang their toilet paper eh?  Well, the next time you’re in his/her bathroom breaking the seal on an alcohol filled bladder check out the tp situation.  You just might learn something.  And if you’re on a first date (you naughty naughty little sexy beast for being in their place on a first date) you might just learn whether you should stick around for breakfast or not.

over under toilet paper

Jenny June 16, 2013 at 9:51 pm

OMG! I made this recipe for a party and nobody could drink it because it was so sweet! I still love this idea, but I would use half as much sugar next time…

Pamela June 17, 2013 at 2:03 pm

Hi Jenny,

Sorry to hear the recipe was too sweet for your, and your guests, tastes. At the heart of the recipe is the standard lemonade recipe (50/50 parts) DEFINITELY adjust to your tastes. Even better…taste as you mix up your syrups. Sometimes the strawberries are so sweet you only need a touch of syrup. And Meyer lemons would need less sugar too. Please let us know what measurements you end up using and liking. I’m sure other would appreciate having your measurements too. :)

Lori May 25, 2011 at 9:47 pm

I’m an over, not an under kind of girl. I’m trying to teach my kids the importance of this very useful habit. Speaking of kids, I will definitely whip up a kid friendly version of this for them this summer and make sure mine has a nice vodka floater. It looks so refreshing and I love me some lemon!

It was a true delight to meet you and hang out with you for a bit in Atlanta. I will never think of cake balls again in the same way or without thinking of you!

Pamela May 27, 2011 at 10:48 am

Cake balls….hahahaha ;)

You’ll be much happier making these up at home instead of going to the restaurant…you won’t be pestered to buy them a bunch of extra stuff, plus mommy can get her own little treat. ;)

Tracy @ Commit To Fit May 24, 2011 at 4:45 pm

A perfect drink for a summer’s day. I am in! :)

Greg May 24, 2011 at 9:07 am

That looks and sounds wonderful.

marla {family fresh cooking} May 24, 2011 at 4:38 am

Delightful adult drink indeed miss Pamela. Sorry we only saw each other for about 60 seconds in Atlanta. Would have been nice to catch up with you. Any chance you are going to evo ’11 in Utah?? That is my next conference….. xo

Nancy@acommunaltable May 22, 2011 at 9:17 pm

I did not show this to my teenagers.. on purpose. Otherwise, I would NEVER get to use my ice cream maker for anything other than this… they are addicted to frozen strawberry lemonade. But lest you think I am a bad mom, I plan on surprising them with this soon… and of course be called “the best mom ever!!”

Pamela May 23, 2011 at 12:00 pm

As you definitely will be! Wait til you see the other frozen yummies I have coming up.

Priscilla - She's Cookin' May 22, 2011 at 10:19 am

Love it! Both the drink and the graphic: Over and I will change it. Thanks for sharing another (better) use for my ice cream maker!

Pamela May 23, 2011 at 11:59 am

Thanks Priscilla. Yep, just one more reason to break out the ice cream maker. I’m sure the sight of it won’t entice you to make more ice cream. ;) LOL

Barbara | Creative Culinary May 21, 2011 at 7:52 am

How bad is it that I would like one of these now? For breakfast? I swear if Mickie D served them with vodka I would most likely not be commenting, I would be in my car.

Pamela May 23, 2011 at 11:59 am

It’s not bad at all. After all…it’s all fresh ingredients and has to surely count for some kind of fruit serving.

Belinda @zomppa May 20, 2011 at 11:05 am

That’s the best graphic. EVER. I wonder what personality tests are done with this? McD’s has a strawberry lemonade?

Julia May 20, 2011 at 9:11 am

During my first year of marriage my husband approached me and said “can you please make sure the toilet paper rolls over, not under?’ Really, the man who leaves his underwear on the floor cares about how the effing toilet paper rolls? Oh yes, and about the drink…Im stoked to find another use for my ice cream maker!