Creamy Blueberry Lemonade Martini

infused vodka, blueberry martinis, vodka martini recipes, blueberry vodka, blueberry infused vodka

According to the calendar, it is officially summertime and in my book that means it’s lemonade time.  I posted an adult frozen lemonade earlier also known as that insipid Ronald McDonald’s got nothing on me (but adult frozen lemonade is shorter name).  But now it’s time for that favorite summer beverage in a little more traditional form.

Oh who am I kidding.  I don’t do much of anything in a traditional way.  So of course this blueberry lemonade takes a few zig zaggy turns on its way to yummy-ville.  (Okay, maybe I shouldn’t drink the cocktail while I write the post.)  But it is really delicious.

Blueberry lemonade has been a popular drink for quite a long time and the addition of vodka just makes it any one of one hundred or so blueberry martinis that are out there floating around.  So I couldn’t just leave it at that.  Forget adding blueberry vodka to your glass of lemonade just so you can call it one of your “famous” vodka martini recipes.  There’s a little bit more to this cocktail than that.

blueberry-lemonade-matini

Creamy Blueberry Lemonade Martini

I started with my blueberry infused vodka recipe that I made last year.  Since it’s blueberry season, you can make this incredible tasting vodka yourself – it’s really easy and tastes so much better than those bottled blueberry vodkas that are out there.  The next addition was lemon infused vodka (truth be told…it’s the first half of my limoncello that I haven’t gotten around to finishing – so as of now, it’s lemon infused vodka).  But I was still looking for something else and decided that a creamy element would make this vodka martini recipe a bit richer and a bit more elegant.

Even though there is a creamy element to this cocktail, it’s not heavy.  The blueberry and lemon flavors keep this light and fresh tasting.  But the creamy element will keep you from guzzling this.  Which is also a good thing because this, like most vodka martini recipes, is pretty much all alcohol – so it packs a bit of a punch.

men's-screw-up

Sunni July 22, 2012 at 6:15 pm

Seems a shame to throw away the crushed berries. Surely they could be used in something. Dessert? Ice cream topping?

Pamela July 23, 2012 at 9:55 am

Sunni –

I get where you’re coming from on the berries. You could probably play around with them a bit to come up with a decadent ice cream topping. But using them as is would be really POTENT, since they’re full of vodka.

foodwanderings July 25, 2011 at 4:27 pm

Gorgeous pic miss you!! Stunning just lik eyou!

Pamela July 25, 2011 at 7:31 pm

Awww….thanks, you’re too sweet Shulie.

Laura July 3, 2011 at 6:57 pm

It’s 120 degrees here in Phoenix, Arizona, but I think I got 10 degrees cooler just looking at this post. So chilly and so delicious looking! I love the idea of using thyme in the blueberry vodka.

Pamela July 4, 2011 at 8:39 am

120 degrees!? UGH! I haven’t been to Phoenix, in the summer, in a few years but I do remember some of those days.

Yes, one of these blueberry lemonade’s would certainly take the edge off of that heat.

Try and stay cool.

Susan in the Boonies June 28, 2011 at 5:55 pm

We made the blueberry vodka this weekend, my girlfriend and I, and we tried the blueberry pie drink, but since we didn’t have the Rose’s lime juice, we weren’t real excited about the product. With just blueberry vodka, and her homemade vanilla vodka, it was more like cough syrup.

I will forward this link to her (I had to fly home, so the vodka is in her freezer, not mine), so she has another drink she can try with the concoction we made.

Pamela June 28, 2011 at 7:09 pm

I’ve never done homemade vanilla vodka. I usually use Smirnoff vanilla vodka. The Rose’s lime juice really cuts through the heavier flavors while adding just a touch of sweetness. I’m sorry it didn’t taste like you had hoped.

btw…if you use the partially completed limoncello be prepared to be knocked on your ass by the drink. Since limoncello recipes call for grain alcohol or 100 proof vodka…it’s a pretty stiff drink. ;)

Anne June 28, 2011 at 7:14 pm

I’m the friend with the quart of blueberry vodka in my freezer. I think it’s okay, but needs to be part of a mixed drink.

Pamela June 28, 2011 at 7:21 pm

Yeah, it definitely needs to be in a mixed drink. It’s not a shooter kind of thing. It would also make a yummy Cosmo. ;)

Susan in the Boonies June 28, 2011 at 7:22 pm

I’m still optimistic that this blueberry infused vodka really is good stuff, but we just didn’t have the right mixture in our glasses that night. I can see where the Rose’s would have added the tang that it needed. Our drinks were just too heavy on the sweet: our fault! Not your recipe’s! That’s like not liking a Thanksgiving turkey because you failed to do one little step: roast it. Ha!

Priscilla - She's Cookin' June 26, 2011 at 10:16 pm

You must have a stockpile of infused vodkas in your pantry, if you need to blow out some inventory, let me know :)

Maureen June 24, 2011 at 10:28 pm

I don’t normally go for a martini but who could resist this one? It looks magnificent. As long as someone would fill my glass I’d drink until I fell over. (it wouldn’t take more than a glass or two)

Jennifer June 24, 2011 at 1:39 pm

I’m with Dorothy. Your picture is amazing! I want one… now!

Lori June 24, 2011 at 10:00 am

Not only is this beautiful, it sounds wonderful! How much would I have to pay you to drive up here and deliver some of those infused vodkas? I’d like one of these today :-)

Pamela June 24, 2011 at 3:35 pm

Thanks Lori. Hmmmm…I’ll have to think about that offer. Maybe a bottle or two of wine. C’mon down and I’ll share.

Dorothy at Shockinglydelicious June 24, 2011 at 9:33 am

I want this based on the photo alone!