Easy Appetizer Ideas – Smoked Almond Butter
Yes, you CAN make your own nut butters. I know that this is not some ground breaking/stop the world news but it is worthy of a bit of announcing. Did you know you could kick it up a bit and make more than just plain ol’ almond butter and use it as an easy appetizer for parties? Sure, you can use this as a spread on sandwiches (it’s especially good with peach preserves) or as a filler for homemade Reese cups (a little more gourmet than the usual) but couldn’t you use a healthy and easy recipe for snacking right about now?
The flavors in this dip are more adult than kid, but there is a bit of chocolate in there. Shouldn’t there be a little chocolate in everything?
Dips and dip recipes tend to be some of the easiest (and much loved) appetizer ideas. Who doesn’t like to dip and dunk stuff into those bowls of deliciousness? Something that’s really cool about dips too is that their flavor changes a little bit depending on what your dipping into it. Hopefully not something that’s been previously dipped (as in double dippers – ewwww….who invited that person anyway?).
For this smoky almond butter, you can dip apple or pear slices (for the seasonal fruit element) but salted pretzel sticks taste fantastic in there too.
- 1 Cup Smoked and Salted Roasted Almonds (I used mesquite smoked)
- ½ Cup Roasted and Unsalted Almonds
- ¼ Cup Semi Sweet Chocolate Chips (roughly chopped)
- 2 Tablespoons Grapeseed Oil (could also use canola oil)
- Toss the first three ingredients into the bowl of a food processor and chop.
- Continue processing until everything is in small pieces and has just started to clump up a bit.
- While the processor is running, stream in the oil.
- Keep processing and scrape down the sides from time to time. Keep doing this until you have achieved the consistency you are looking for.
- Scrape almond butter into a bowl and serve.
Welcome to My Man's Belly! Leave me a comment and let me know what you think about the site or if there's a recipe you'd like to see here. Have a great day.