It’s coming down to the wire now. Have you got all your Christmas cookies done? No? Well, here’s an easy recipe for chocolate cookies that no one will be able to resist. They’re nice and crunchy with a rich chocolatey flavor.
These chocolate cookies are so easy to make you’ll wish you had the recipe sooner. I found this recipe when I was poking around the Chowhound website, so you know they’re going to be delicious!
When you make these chocolate cookies, you’ll notice that they are very similar to those chocolate crinkle cookies you see with the powdered sugar and crackled tops exposing the chocolate underneath. These cookies are rolled in regular sugar instead of the powdered sugar so they sparkle really nicely on the cookie platter.
I like these chocolate cookies because they’re nice and crunchy which is in great contrast to a lot of the Christmas cookies that you find. Yes, I’m one of those people that likes crunchy snacks like potato chips, nuts and pretzels. Okay, I like the salty snacks over the sweet one’s too. Busted! But having a cookie with a different texture from the rest of the choices is nice to have.
The other good thing about this cookie recipe is that it doesn’t require hours of your time or an army to make them. You can have these made in about an hour – start to finish. Not bad for baking. I can appreciate the timing of these because I’m not a big baker and can’t stand the tedium most Christmas cookie recipes require. So if I can make these, you can make these.
Now whip up a batch of these easy chocolate cookies and let the compliments roll in.
- 2 sticks (1 cup) unsalted butter
- 1¼ cups sugar
- 3 large egg yolks
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon cream of tartar
- ½ cup cocoa
- ¼ cups sugar (for rolling cookies)
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Add butter and sugar to bowl and beat until fluffy. Add in the egg yolks, vanilla and salt then beat until smooth and creamy.
- Gradually add in the flour, baking soda, cream of tartar and cocoa to the mixture. Continue beating until mixture comes together and forms a dough.
- Scoop out 1 tablespoon sized amounts of dough and roll into balls.
- Roll dough balls into the granulated sugar and arrange them onto a parchment paper lined baking sheet, leaving 1" between balls.
- Bake for 16-18 minutes for crunchy cookies.
- Transfer cookies to a rack to cool.
Welcome to My Man's Belly! Leave me a comment and let me know what you think about the site or if there's a recipe you'd like to see here. Have a great day.