Who’s not looking for an easy weeknight dinner recipe? This Greek flank steak is your ticket.
Since this recipe is so easy, and doesn’t take a lot of time, I’m going to keep this post short and sweet too.
Flank steak is the perfect cut of beef for the summer. It doesn’t take long to cook and you can do so many things with it – like marinate it or roll it up with good things (like this recipe).
I’ve made flank steak recipes before on here and I usually grill the meat and serve it with chimichurri sauce. This time I’m rolling the flank steak with feta and fresh spinach for a Greek flank steak that’s outta this world delicious. I realize the picture isn’t all that pretty, but trust me – the flavor is fantastic.
The hardest part about this recipe is butterflying the flank steak. Oh, and not eating it all before it hits the table. There’s no marinating the meat, so you can just pick it up at the grocery store and come home and make it. No pre-planning involved.
We eat this Greek flank steak with a side salad of tomatoes and cucumbers, just to keep things fresh and easy and sort of on the Greek side. 😉
I hope you enjoy this as much as we do.
- 2 pound flank steak
- 4 cups fresh baby spinach
- kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 1 cup feta cheese
- Lay the steak on a cutting board so that the long edge runs perpendicular to you. Using a sharp knife and cutting parallel to your cutting board, butterfly the steak in half lengthwise. Make sure you don't cut all the way through. Leave about ½" connected. Open the meat and flatten the seam to form a rectangle.
- Chop up the baby spinach. You don't have to chop it into small bits, but it does need to chopped smaller than the whole leaves. And set it aside.
- Salt and pepper the meat.
- Lay the spinach leaves on the meat and spread them evenly.
- Sprinkle the cheese on top of the spinach.
- Tightly roll the meat up along the long end.
- Cut 2" wide slices of the meat and secure the ends with toothpicks.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Heat an oven safe pan over medium high heat on your cook top. (cast iron works perfectly for this)
- Place flank steak rounds onto hot pan and cook for 2-3 minutes per side.
- Place pan into oven and cook for another 12-15 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven and serve.
Welcome to My Man's Belly! Leave me a comment and let me know what you think about the site or if there's a recipe you'd like to see here. Have a great day.