Hello Sunshine! It sure is sunny and hot here in Texas. I thought I’d bring a bit of that sunshine inside, in the cool A/C, with this yellow fruit salad.
You’ve probably heard of and seen red fruit salads…well, this is similar but uses yellow and orange hued fruits to make a sunny bowl of yellow fruit salad.
There have been so many different kinds of melons at the grocery stores lately and I just couldn’t help but pick up a couple. The base of this salad is made up of melon. I used cantaloupe and a melon called sweet kiss. It’s a super sweet melon with soft insides that practically melt on your tongue. It’s light orange color reminds you of a cantaloupe, but the flavor is definitely different.
The rest of the fruits that fill out this yellow fruit salad are pluots and white grapes. You could add some peaches to this mix too, if you’re lucky enough to find good ones. 😉
One of the best things about this yellow fruit salad is that there really isn’t a recipe for it. It kind of makes itself from the fruit you have on hand or pick up.
I pour a tablespoon of limoncello over top of each bowl of salad before serving. This adds a light tangy touch of lemon to the fruit and helps the fruit juices come out even more.
- 1 cantaloupe, seeded and cubed
- 1 sweet kiss melon (or crenshaw, canary or light colored melon of your choice), seeded and cubed
- 2 pluots, pitted and chopped
- green grapes, halved
- mint, cut in a chiffonade
- Add all of the fruits to a large container and sprinkle with the mint.
- Stir to mix the fruits well.
- Serve with a tablespoon of limoncello over each bowl of fruit.
Welcome to My Man's Belly! Leave me a comment and let me know what you think about the site or if there's a recipe you'd like to see here. Have a great day.