If you love cinnamon rolls, then you’ll love waking up to the smell of these easy orange cinnamon rolls baking in the oven.
Okay, maybe you won’t get to wake up to the smell of these orange cinnamon rolls baking in the oven, but your family can. (Lucky family!)
If you like cinnamon rolls, and I know you do, you’re really going to like these because you don’t have to make the dough – that part has already been done for you. The dough is a tube of Pillsbury Grands Buttermilk Biscuits. No, this is not an ad for Pillsbury, it’s just the brand that I have found that works the best for making these orange cinnamon rolls.
The only part of this recipe you have to make is the filling and the glaze. Then you can sit back and take all the credit for suffering over making a yeast dough and all the time it took to make and rise then roll it out. I don’t know about you, but I like recipes like this.
These orange cinnamon rolls have been a favorite in our house for a long time. Craig loves it when I make them, but I usually save making them for when we have guests that stay the night. I either make these or break out the waffle iron. Either one is pretty much reserved for guests only. The part that I only do these things when we have guests isn’t his favorite thing. He’d be much happier if I did either, or both, of these things guests or not.
Go out and pick up a can of those Grands biscuits and whip up a batch of these orange cinnamon rolls. You’re going to love them!
- 1 7.5 Ounce Can Pillsbury Grands Buttermilk Biscuit Dough
- ¾ Cup Brown Sugar
- 2 Teaspoons Cinnamon
- 2 Tablespoons Unsalted Butter (1 Tbl melted & 1 Tbl solid for greasing the pan)
- ¾ Cup Powdered Sugar
- ⅛ Cup Cream Cheese
- 1 Tablespoon Orange Juice (preferably fresh squeezed)
- 1 Tablespoon Milk
- Orange Zest (from ½ orange)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Farenheit.
- Lightly grease and 8″x8″ baking pan with butter and set aside.
- In a bowl mix brown sugar, cinnamon and melted butter. Mix thoroughly and set aside.
- In another bowl mix powdered sugar, cream cheese, orange juice and milk. Mix to combine. Try to eliminate as many lumps as possible and set aside.
- Separate the biscuits. Lightly flour work surface and roll out the biscuits to ⅛″ thickness. (Shape should be slightly oval to rectangular) Use a sharp knife to slice dough in half lengthwise. Cover dough with generous tablespoon of brown sugar cinnamon mixture. Starting with one corner from the long end, snugly roll the dough and pinch the remaining corner to seal the roll. Place closely together in buttered baking pan.
- Bake in oven for 25-30 minutes. After 25 minutes, start watching tops of rolls. The tops should turn a nice golden brown and the sugar and cinnamon should be mostly melted.
- Remove pan from oven and drizzle with powdered sugar orange glaze. Top with grated orange zest.
- Let rolls sit for 15 minutes to cool a bit and make it easier to serve.
Welcome to My Man's Belly! Leave me a comment and let me know what you think about the site or if there's a recipe you'd like to see here. Have a great day.