These chocolate chip pudding cookies are soft, chewy and so easy to make. They just might become your “go to” chocolate chip cookie recipe.
Apparently pudding cookies were a “thing” a couple of years ago. Somehow I missed the whole thing. Must’ve been that rock I was hiding under. Well, miss the boat no more! These chocolate chip pudding cookies are fantastic. Where have they been all my life?
Craig mentioned to me that I hadn’t made cookies in quite a while. As we had our petty argument over cookies, I realized that he was right. Ordinarily, I would hate when that happens, but this time it meant there would be cookies. I would have to make them, but still…there would be chocolate chip cookies. That’s not a bad outcome after an argument.
These chocolate chip pudding cookies are maxed out with chocolate chips and they’re soft and chewy from the pudding in the mix. Even a day or two after you make them, they’re still soft and chewy.
Craig was more than pleased when they came out of the oven. Although he wasn’t too pleased with his burned tongue that he got from the hot chocolate chips. But hey, that’s what you get when you can’t wait for the cookies to cool down a bit. The struggle is real. 😉
I used vanilla pudding in these cookies, but if you want more vanilla flavor you could use French vanilla pudding. Or, if you want to go chocolate chocolate, you could use chocolate pudding instead. Both would be delicious. Just make sure you grab the instant pudding and not the slow cook pudding. (Although, at my grocery stores I haven’t seen slow cook pudding in a LONG time.)
Break out the baking sheets, it’s time to bake some cookies. These chocolate chip pudding cookies are just what this fall weather calls for.
- ¾ cup unsalted butter, softened
- ¾ cup brown sugar, lightly packed
- ¼ cup sugar
- 1 3.4 ounce package vanilla instant pudding mix
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 cups flour
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Add butter, sugars and pudding mix to a bowl and beat until everything is creamed together.
- Add eggs to the mixture, one at a time, beat to combine then add salt and continue beating.
- Add baking soda and flour to the mixture and beat until well combined.
- Fold in chocolate chips. (Don't beat them or you may end up breaking them up.)
- Use a small ice cream scoop to scoop out batter or roll dough into 1" balls and place on lined baking sheet. (Either line the baking sheet with a Silpat or parchment paper. This makes for easy cookie removal and easy cleanup.)
- Bake for 8-12 minutes or until golden brown on top.
Welcome to My Man's Belly! Leave me a comment and let me know what you think about the site or if there's a recipe you'd like to see here. Have a great day.