Lightly marinated and roasted in a hot oven, these roasted portabello mushrooms are a rich, earthy side dish and pair with just about anything.
I’m a huge fan of mushrooms. I like them all and I like them in just about any form. But these roasted portabello mushrooms are my favorite Fall side dish. They really take on a rich flavor when you roast them and they couldn’t be easier to make.
You’ve got a couple of choices when you make this recipe. You can either buy the mushrooms whole and slice them yourself, or you can buy them pre-sliced. I did the latter because it was hella cheaper to do that than to buy the whole mushroom. I couldn’t tell you why, and it makes no sense, but that’s what I found when I was at my store. So double check when you’re getting your mushrooms.
There’s enough of these roasted portabello mushrooms for 2. I was looking to make a side dish to go with a rib eye we were having and I didn’t want to have any leftovers. That being said, you could definitely double or triple this recipe to feed more people. I just couldn’t stand having any more leftovers in my refrigerator. You know what I mean? Yes, even food bloggers have leftover problems. Not everything can be turned into something else. 😉
These mushrooms would be a perfect side dish for a Christmas roast. You could pop them into the oven right after you take the roast out. And since they don’t take a lot of time or effort, it’s one less thing you have to worry about.
- 1 6 ounce package sliced portobello mushrooms (or 2 whole large portobello mushrooms, sliced)
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- kosher salt
- grated Parmesan cheese
- parsley (optional)
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Arrange mushroom slices on a foil lined baking sheet.
- Mix the olive oil and vinegar together and stir until well combined.
- Brush the olive oil mixture onto the mushroom slices. Let sit for 3 minutes.
- Turn mushroom slices over and brush oil mixture onto the other side of the mushrooms.
- Sprinkle lightly with kosher salt.
- Slide baking sheet into oven and roast for 20 minutes.
- Remove from oven and lightly sprinkle mushrooms with Parmesan cheese.
- Plate the mushrooms and top with chopped parsley if you like.
Welcome to My Man's Belly! Leave me a comment and let me know what you think about the site or if there's a recipe you'd like to see here. Have a great day.