This delicious roasted cauliflower side dish is gorgeous. Roasted purple cauliflower has a deliciously crunchy texture and light garlic flavor.
Cauliflower is one of my favorite vegetables. I know it’s kind of bland, but that’s part of what makes it so great. You can do so much with it. You can roast it and puree it into a creamy soup (no cream necessary), you can chop it up raw and toss it into a salad or you can roast it and bring out its sweetness and get a nice crunch on it.
This time of year, when cauliflower is in season, you can also get different colors of cauliflower. Of course it comes in traditional white, but it also comes in purple, green and orange. My favorite is the purple, not because it has a strikingly different flavor but I love the color. Purple is one of my favorite colors. Plus, the purple color has health benefits that are greater than the white variety. They contain anthocyanins which are chemicals that help protect cells.
I decided to do a simple roasted purple cauliflower with this gorgeous head and some sliced garlic. Easy peasy!
This recipe couldn’t be more easy for a healthy weeknight side dish. All you need to do is chop up the cauliflower, coat it in a little olive oil, slice up some garlic and season it with a bit of salt and pepper. See? Super simple.
Don’t just walk past that colorful cauliflower and think “oh how cute.” Stop and pick up a head. Make this roasted purple cauliflower and help protect your cells and enjoy a delicious side dish at the same time.
- 1 large head purple cauliflower
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 garlic cloves, sliced thinly
- kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cut cauliflower into small, evenly sized, florets.
- Drop cauliflower and garlic onto foil lined baking sheet (the foil makes cleanup a lot easier).
- Drizzle with olive oil and then use your hands to toss cauliflower and garlic to make sure everything is well coated.
- Spread everything into a single layer. Place cut sides of florets down onto the pan.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Slide pan into the oven and bake for 25-30 minutes or until the cauliflower is soft and has brown tops.
- Remove from oven and serve.
Welcome to My Man's Belly! Leave me a comment and let me know what you think about the site or if there's a recipe you'd like to see here. Have a great day.