This easy Honey Garlic Chicken is tender and juicy chicken cooked in a skillet and topped with an amazing honey garlic glaze. No more takeout!
Do you ever just crave Chinese takeout? I find myself craving it more and more lately and we don’t have a good Chinese place around us. We’ve got a couple of pretty good Thai places, but the Chinese food places are just so-so and it doesn’t really satisfy my craving. Don’t you hate when that happens?
So I finally decided to take matters into my own hands and make this honey garlic chicken. I just wanted something simple that would come together quickly and, more importantly, itch that craving I’ve been having for a really long time. And I did it. this honey garlic chicken definitely checks off all the boxes.
The sauce only has 5 ingredients and you might already have them on hand in your cupboard: honey, low-sodium soy sauce, garlic, sriracha and cornstarch. Easy peasy.
You can serve this on its own or over rice. I made up a batch of rice in my Instant Pot. (What’s not to love about making perfect rice in only 4 minutes!) I served this for lunch for the two of us and had enough left over for two more servings. So it would work perfect for a nice dinner too.
One of the other great things about making this honey garlic chicken is that you can control the amount of oil that goes into. I don’t know about you, but I find that most of the takeout Chinese is loaded with extra oil. This recipe only calls for 1 tablespoon with the rest of the fat coming from the little bit that’s on the chicken. So there’s no oil slick floating on top your meal.
Get out your large skillet and make this delicious no take out take out chicken recipe. I’m sure it will fulfill your cravings.
- 3 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sriracha
- 3 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 2 teaspoons cornstarch
- ⅛ cup water
- 1½ pounds boneless skinless chicken thighs, cubed with excess fat removed
- kosher salt
- freshly ground pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- sesame seeds (for garnish)
- green onions (for garnish)
- In a small bowl mix the honey, soy sauce, sriracha and garlic together and set aside.
- In another small bowl/cup mix the cornstarch and water together and set aside.
- Salt and pepper the cut up chicken and add oil to large skillet.
- Heat oil over medium heat. Once oil begins to shimmer, add the chicken.
- Periodically toss chicken to cook all sides.
- Once chicken is about ¾ of the way cooked, re-stir the honey mixture then pour into the pan. Stir to coat all of the chicken and cook for 2 minutes.
- Re-stir the cornstarch then pour it into the pan and stir. You will see the sauce instantly thicken up. Cook for another minute then remove from heat.
- Serve by itself or with rice.
- Top with sesame seeds and green onions if you like.
Welcome to My Man's Belly! Leave me a comment and let me know what you think about the site or if there's a recipe you'd like to see here. Have a great day.