Strawberry ricotta toasties. Luscious ricotta, tangy strawberry preserves and almonds all nestled between two slices of toasted brioche.
I’ve partnered with Bonne Maman to bring you these strawberry ricotta toasties for a delicious Mother’s Day breakfast.
I know a lot of times breakfast is sweet on sweet on sweet, but why not have a savory breakfast for a little change of pace? I’ve taken Bonne Maman strawberry preserves and changed them up to make them a tangy treat to spread on that rich ricotta cheese. I was inspired by a recipe for pickled strawberries to take these sweet preserves and give them a tangy twist with some earthy herbal flavors.
These strawberry ricotta toasties are a perfect breakfast in bed treat. Serve them with some fruit on the side and a glass of fresh squeezed orange juice. Mother’s day at our house never meant breakfast in bed. Between my brother and I, I’m sure it would have turned into some kind of disaster. Most likely getting dumped all over my parents bed. So the day typically meant cards, flowers and some kind of school made craft. And my brother and I tried not to kill each other that one day. Oh, we were usually pretty good on Christmas day too.
Toasties, in case you were wondering, is another name for a toasted sandwich (usually a toasted cheese). These toasties are rich with flavor from the cheese, strawberry preserves and the brioche. I used brioche bread for these because I wanted the sandwich to have a rich, but light flavor. Brioche with all of its butter and eggs makes the perfect bread for this little treat. It’s got that rich flavor, but a light crumb which means you don’t feel heavy after eating one of these toasties.
If you are looking for a little more Mother’s Day inspiration, this video shows you how to make some beautiful muffins with strawberry preserves.
Bonne Maman has a contest that you can enter to win prizes. To see all the goodies you can win, click on the banner below.
- Tangy Strawberry Preserves
- 6.5 ounces Bonne Maman strawberry preserves
- juice from ½ lemon
- 2 tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- 10 black peppercorns
- 5 allspice berries
- 1 bay leaf
- small pinch of kosher salt
- Strawberry Ricotta Toasties
- 4 slices brioche bread
- 1½ tablespoons butter, softened
- ½ cup ricotta cheese
- sliced almonds
- Add the preserves to a small saucepan.
- Squeeze the lemon juice into the pan and add the cider vinegar.
- Add the peppercorns, allspice berries and bay leaf to a spice grinder and grind until the mixture is a powder. Add this to the saucepan.
- Heat the saucepan over medium heat and keep stirring. Keep the pan over the heat until small bubbles form around the edges then remove from heat.
- Let the strawberry preserves cool to room temperature.
- Strawberry Ricotta Toasties
- Butter one side of a slice of brioche and place it into a saute pan butter side down.
- Spoon and spread the ricotta onto the bread.
- Sprinkle the cheese with almond slices (this give the sandwich a nice crunch).
- Spoon the preserves over top of the almonds.
- Heat over medium heat.
- Butter another slice of brioche and place it butter side up on top of the preserves.
- Once the bottom slice has turned golden brown, flip the sandwich so that you can brown the other slice of bread. (The browning of the brioche will not take long.)
- Remove toastie to a plate and continue the same with the remaining brioche.
- Slice toasties on the diagonal and serve.
Welcome to My Man's Belly! Leave me a comment and let me know what you think about the site or if there's a recipe you'd like to see here. Have a great day.